The following were in attendance: K. Parker, R. Pullyblank, P. Holden. R. Bonner, J. Klaver, K. Pullyblank, A. Shustack, D. Szemcsak, S. Yerk, B. Turner, TJ Belasco, S. Eakin, T. McGarrigle, D. Markovitz, F. Ackley, C. Vitale, M. Bispels, J. Roth, R. Obst, F. Toth
The monthly Treasurer’s Report was distributed and the balances are as follows: Checking: $14,437.61; Savings: $8559.73; Philanthropic: $6030.78
Correspondence – The Association received a thank you letter from Debbie Gager and Mickey Mastracchio for their gift from the association.
A. Negotiations: All members should have received a copy of the new contract and salary guide. If you want a printed copy, let K. Parker know.
B. Grievance: N/A
C. Membership: We have one new member and we have one part time employee that has inquired about joining the Association but still has to complete the paperwork.
D. Pride: K. Parker reported that we will be raffling off 30 tickets to Ted X which is scheduled for October 19. Through the Pride Grant our Association has a retractable sign as well as a tent(10’ by 10’) with our association name and logo.
E. Social: We had around 20-25 members attend the last social at the Two Mile which was on Thursday, August 28.
F. Professional Rights and Responsibilities: N/A
G. Scholarship: Just a reminder that our Association will be selling gift cards to Acme and Shoprite. These are dollar for dollar and the proceeds go directly to our members that have children attending college. You can see Pat Holden at the high school and Brianna Turner at Teitelman. A suggestion was made to do standing orders every 15 or 30th. This is an easy fundraiser and we need more members to participate. If you shop at Shop Rite or Acme, please help by buying gift cards a couple of times a year.
H. Board Liaison: N/A
I. Election: N/A
J. LAT: N/A
K. Cape May County Rep Council: N/A
L. Professional Development Committee: N/A
1) SummerLeadership—Members that attended Summer Leadership reported on the workshops they attended.
1) Lesson Plan Portal – Just a reminder that lesson plans should be uploaded to the portal. There have been some problems with the system which are being addressed daily. Kathy did send an email to our Uniserv Rep and the administration does have the right to collect plans.
2) County Workshop – All members will be receiving a copy of the county calendar that will include all of the professional workshops and activities throughout the year. Pat Holden will be sending out reminders with sign up information.
3) Cape May Vote – There are 2 very important votes coming up in November and December that have significant financial implications to both Lower Township residents and the school district. Cape May wants to change the funding formula in order to lessen their financial obligation to the district by asking voters to vote “YES” to the ballot question. This would change the funding formula based upon the number of students enrolled from each municipality. A “yes” vote would decrease money to the district and raise taxes significantly in other municipalities. A “NO” vote keeps the formula the same.
4) Sign Out- Mr. Ziemba notified the staff that due to the fact the office is not staffed after 3:15, signing out will not be necessary.
5) Workshop Pay—K. Parker reported she met with Mr. Castellucci about paying presenters 2 hours to prep as well as the day to teach the workshop. Presenters will be getting the additional adjustments. Also, curriculum work should have been paid provided that members submitted the work they did for the 6 hours.
Good of the Order-
1) There were concerns at the high school over the following:
a. Clock and Bell schedule not being in synchronized
b. New grading scale
c. Look in to disconnecting the freezer alarm
2) Just a reminder there is new language to critical illness and bereavement. Also, travel days have to be submitted 30 days prior.
3) There was a concern over the the door being locked at Teitelman between the copying room and main office. Also, the space availability in the copying room was a concern as well.
4) The Association will be asked to vote on the by-law changes at the general membership meeting
A motion was made and seconded to adjourn the meeting at 4:55
Pat Holden, Secretary