K. Parker, P. Holden, R. Bonner, L. Schulte, C. Kline, A. Shustack, C. Vitale, S. Eakin, R. Slaney, R. Obst, N. Sayre, B. Turner, and N. Cruz
Call to Order
Meeting was called to order by Kathy Parker at 3:20 PM on Monday, October 26, 2015. The following were in attendance: K. Parker, P. Holden, R. Bonner, L. Schulte, C. Kline, A. Shustack, C. Vitale, S. Eakin, R. Slaney, R. Obst, N. Sayre, B. Turner, and N. Cruz.
The monthly Treasurer’s Report was not available.
Correspondence – Our association received a thank you note from Sally Yerk for the retirement gift she received.
A. Negotiations: N/A.
B. Grievance: N/A
C. Membership: New people were hired the last board meeting and will be approached to join the Association.
D. Pride: All of the grants were written this summer. The purpose of the funds is to foster a positive image of the LCMREA in the community. This year we will use the grant money for the following :
1. Ted X- $2000 donation as a sponsor. This year Ted X was held at LCMR in the auditorium and was a huge success.
2. 1000 trick or treat bags were purchased and distributed for Haunted High School. In addition, $200 worth of candy was donated as well .
3. We will sponsor basketball teams at the rec center again.
4. Our association will contribute $1000 for the after prom.
E. Social: Our next social will be at the C-View on Thursday, November 19 immediately after school. Food will be provided with discounted drinks.
F. Professional Rights and Responsibilities: N/A
G. Scholarship: Anyone interested in applying for the LCMREA Scholarship please stop by Mr. Holden’t room(M4) to pick up an application
H. Board Liaison: N/A
I. Election: This is an election year and we will be forming a committee to oversee things..
J. LAT: The County would like to thank those members that contributed to the campaign effort for the NJEA endorsed candidates.
K. Cape May County Rep Council: N/A
L. Professional Development Committee: Just a reminder, the committee is collecting data on how our members are being evaluated. Members are encouraged to go to our local website(lowercapemayea.org) and input the information. In addition, members are reminded to not send a rebuttal/response before having it proof read by a representative.
1) Health Benefits – We are still experiencing some issues with AmeriHealth. Our administration is handling these problems immediately as they arise. If you have any problems please contact Kathy Parker.
2) Bond- It is very important for members to support the bond referendum. This money will be used to improve the facility.(i.e. parking lot at Teitelman, windows, roof, etc..)
3) Tenure- There was a disagreement between our Executive Council and our Administrators over the start date of 4 members and the granting of tenure. All 4 members received tenure this year.
4) Security- There is still a concern at the high school with security. The front office closes at 3:30 every day and staff members are supervising students until the bus arrives at 4:00. There has not been a change with the front office hours at this time.
1) Schedule C & D Positions- . We were reminded by Mr. Kobik last week that we are not entitled to the Schedule C & D positions. We were told that our Administration will hire the best person for the job. We did request that our members be notified if they don’t get the job and Mr. Kobik has assured us that members will be notified the day of the Board meeting. (as opposed to reading it in the board minutes).
Good of the Order
1) There is a concern with the IEP’s at a glance and how they are being accessed by our members.
A motion was made and seconded to adjourn the meeting at 4:50 PM
Pat Holden, Secretary